Monday, January 17, 2011

Mission: 3 day potty training!!

So I took off work on Friday so I could have 4 days with my big potty training boy.  The book that we read was called 3day potty training by laura jensen and I have friends who have done it and been very successful.  So we started Friday morning and we have been in big boy undies ever since!!  Basically the 3 day plan is to devote 3 whole days to stalking your child and reminding them every 5 seconds to tell you if they need to go potty and if you catch them in the act you rush them to the potty and remind them to keep their underwear dry.  Lots of positive reinforcement for going in the potty.  I didn't know exactly what to expect but and I had my moments of frusration and boredom stuck in the house following julian's every move for 3 whole days but I think it was a huge success.  He has been in big boy underwear for 4 whole days now and he has only had one nap where he wet the bed.  Julian is a rock star what can I say.  My friend Jen who just went through it a couple of weeks ago with her son, Cameron, was a lot of help and support.  Today we even went to mall for a couple of hours to play and eat lunch with Carol Dockery and her boys and Julian did awesome.  Home to a dry nap and then a little trip to Petsmart and all that and we are still in the same clothes we put on in the morning!  I am so proud and excited.  I am praying Julian and I continue to have a lot of support through this.  I am praying Julian does well for the babysitter and she is able to help in the process too.  I am praying he and I continue to get more confidnence and figure out how this all works. CAN YOU BELIEVE MY LITTLE GUY IS POTTY TRAINED!!?  It really feels like this time I have with my precious little boy is going by too quickly. 

No comments: