Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sounds like a fun summer for me....

Well the verdict is... Surgery.
They say 3rd time's the charm so this is it for sure. This is nothing like my other surgeries though. Before I had arthoscopy where they put two littlw holes in my knee and went in with little tools and scraped and took out little chipped pieces. MRI showed neither of the surgeries helped much because bone is rubbing bone which has caused a cyst to develop.. so yadda yadda yadda... there is a much more complex surgery for this knee of mine... it will involve a lateral release, medial plitation, tibial osteotomy, and a tru-fit application. If you understood any of that, you know more than me. All i know is they tighten some tendone, loosen another to reposition the knee cap and then they BREAK my tibial bone to repositon it and put screws and then put fake cartlidge somewhere and i guess that's about it.. All of this translates to me as PAIN and 2 months of NOTHING for me (6 months to a year for full recovery). THANKFULLY I was blessed with the most wonderful mother on the planet and she is going to come live with us to take care of me and Julian. Surgery is planned for June 18th. Things to do before surgery:
1. turn living room into 1/2 bedroom for me
2. deep clean my house
3. get flower beds looking nice
4. get life organized
all while speding every second outside playing with Julian and taking him everywhere I am not going to be able to take him this summer.

I am scared of the surgery and not being able to do anything with Julian but I am looking forward to a more healthy future for me and my family. I know it's in God's hands and I wouldn't want it to be anywhere else :)

Well there's the knee update.

1 comment:

miles3_17 said...

It'll all work out! Good luck with your list of stuff to do before hand, it's never ending huh!!