Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer 2010 Trip to KC


We have had quite a summer!  One of the big things I considered before deciding on doing the surgery this summer was that "Julian is only 18 months"  he will enjoy doing more next summer.  Which I still believe to be true but also have a hard time with the fact that he has been stuck in the house with me and his grandma and daddy all summer.  They take him out as much as possible but the mosquitos here are NO joke.  There is no wind to blow them away or distract them.  They are miniture mosquitos that are on a mission for the blood of little innocent toddlers.  :(  As a result of my inablility to care for my child this summer,he has become incredibly attatched to his grandma.  It's going to be a sad day for the both of them when she has to return to her life and leave him in the care of his mommy and daddy.  This boy LOVES his grandma.  But really.. what's not to love.. She is a complete blessing for giving up her whole summer to care for him and I.  I knew she needed a break and needed to see her other amazing grandchildren so I sucked it up and decided to make the 7 hour trip home.  We had a great trip.  Maybe not the safest way of traveling because sitting in the very back has not seat belts and with the hard seat and NO shocks on my back tires my back and booty were about to die but we made it and had a great visit.  We stopped in Cedar Hill on the way there to visit with my Plummer Family and had a great time with friends.  Stayed with Deb for the night and then had brunch with the Henry's on Sunday morning before Tanya's baby shower.  Can't wait to see pictures of that sweet little girl.  And more importantly find out the name!!  While we were in Knox City, Julian got to spend a lot of time with his cousins, aunt, uncle and great grandma.  He immediately took to Riley Paige.  It took him a little longer with Carson but he finally opened up to him.  He went out to their house pretty much everyday and loved being outside playing the whole itme.  He loved the dogs but I think he loved the horses more.  He loved seeing the "Moooooooos" too.  Here are some pictures from our trip



<><>
<>
<><>



1 comment:

sowlee said...

Wowsies. Carson and Riley are absolutely huge now! That's a good looking horse he's riding as well.