Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A once in a lifetime!!











Skydiving!!

St. Patrick's Day 2011 was one word.. AWESOME!!  Thanks to a Groupon that was advertising around the same time as Jerry's birthday back at the end of December, Jerry and I got to go skydiving for his birthday!!  Poor Jerry had to wait 3 months for his birthday gift but neither of us were too interested in skydiving on January 5th in the freezing temps.  :)  Jerry and I were super excited.  My mom was a little worried about my knee and the landing so I politely asked her to keep Julian at home while we went.. Ha!  I told her that it wasn't the 30's and I probably wouldn't be hitting and rolling or anything like that.  I was right. You are asked to raise your legs anyways and we pretty much landed on our bottoms nice and slowly.  Did I mention that it was AWESOME!! Suprisingly neither Jerry nor I were nervous at all!  We were both just super anxious to get up there and jump. We had originally planned to jump on Saturday the 12th but we were called to reschedule ours due to a random inspection so since we had some friends who also got the groupon and were scheduled to jump on the 17th, we decided to meet them there and experience it together.  I am so glad we did.  We had a lot of fun with Kristin and Coach.  We had to drive an hour and 1/2 to Eagle Lake, TX.  We arrived right on time at noon.  We were told to expect to be there 2-4 hours and my "very patient" love wasn't that excited about that.  At first we thought it was going to be an all day thing until the first group went up..  From the moment the plane leaves the ground till it lands and the jumpers land was exactly 12 minutes.  So we were in group 8 and were out of there by 3:00..  Fun! Fun!  It was definitely an experience for the record books. 

No comments: