Saturday, April 25, 2009

I CAN SEE! I CAN SEE!

As of Friday, April 24th, 2009...I CAN SEE!!
I had my lasik eye surgery yesterday. It is pretty amazing. I was a lot more nervous than I thought I would be but the thought of anything happening to your eyes is pretty intense. It turned out great. Jerry got to watch the whole thing through a big window and on the TV screen. Before I went in I had to go up and do several of the normal test and then the doctor comes in and does the final "which one looks better? 1 or 2, this one or this one, a or b" just to get the final prescription that they use to correct the eye during surgery. My favorite part was that my doctor had Jerry sit in the chair and he showed Jerry what I've seen for years without my glasses. I guess Jerry has heard me say how blind I was before but until he was sitting there and completely unable to even see anything when the big E was on the screen and the doctor had to put his hand right in front of his face to see anything, that he was amazed that I could actually be that blind. So we go there at 9:45 and I was donating my glasses to South American missions at 11:30. I have a follow up appointment this morning at 9:30 and can't wait to go in and see what my perscription is. They say that your eyes arn't officially their best they are going to get for a couple months but I CAN SEE already so I guess it's only supposed to get better. whew hew!!!

UPDATE: I had my follow up apointment this morning at 9:30 and my vision is almost 20/15. Better than 20/20!! that is so crazy. just 24 hours ago I was 20/650 in one eye and 20/725 in the other. CRAZY!!! God is sooooo cool for creating Lasik. :)

1 comment:

caroldock said...

yay! I'm glad it went well - I can't really relate, but I'm sure it feels awesome to finally be able to see without glasses or contacts!