Monday, July 13, 2009

summer is flying!!

I can't believe it's already the middle of July!! YIKES! I don't even want to think about it being over in a month! :( I am blessed that I love my job but as much as i love teaching and i love my job, it doesn't even compare at all to how much i love being home with my baby 24/7. I am so thankful to have a great babysitter like Ms. Sylvia who loves Julian so much BUT that doesn't keep me from wanting to spend every second with him. I was thinking that i might actually have a little time this summer to get some things done like: keep the house clean, organizing, etc... My excuse during last school year was (for the first 1/2) I was prego and tired and swollen when I came home from work, (for the second 1/2) I had to spend every second possible with Julian. So needless to say being home with him all day everyday doesn't seem to help me get any more done than before. Here are a few Julian updates. Some of which you already know.
1. Julian learned to crawl in the middle of June
2. 2 weeks later he was pulling up on everything
3. He got to meet his Curry family from Jackson
4. He had his baby dedication June 28th
5. He will get to go on a plane to Lubbock for the 2nd time on July 26th (pray for us)
6. He still has NO teeth but his gums are so swollen and he has been aggressively chewing on everything for 3 months now
7. He loves loves loves the water
8. He loves to go on walks but mommy.. not so much a big fan (especially the mosquitos and the "feels like" 106 temp)
9. We have learned that when he's sick he could possibly win a Projectile Vimmitting contest
10. and maybe a army crawling race too. the dude is fast
11. He is becoming more and more a "mommy's baby" everyday
12. He has been to the Children's Museum 3 times (will be 4 times on Thursday)
13. He has been pooping regularly!!!!! yay!!
14. He'll eat most any baby food (except carrots) but try to introduce a little table food or any thing with a different texture, when swollowed results in gagging which results in a mess for mommy and daddy to clean
15. He still has his protein sensitivity which just means no chance of switching to the cheeper formula. Pray that we can get over this before he's one and can have regular milk products after that.
16. He is still obsessed with electrical cords
17. He has experienced his first (hopefully only) round of double ear infections (not fun for anyone involved and not 100 % certain he's completely over them)

Just a "couple" updates.
Looks like our little guy is waking up now so I better go. Hope everyone has a great week.

LC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your new blog!!! You're coming to Lubbock?!?! YEA!! But, on JUNE 26th?!

miles3_17 said...

have fun going to Lubbock, good luck on the plane. Thanks for the few updates!!!