Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He's ALL boy!!

Well today we have had two first. Julian's first bump on his head (you can kind of see it in this first picture), and Julian's first busted lip. Unrelated injuries. His transition from sitting to crawling isn't always so graceful and definitely not a slow process and well there juste happened to be a table leg in the way. Then later on today he just got a little to confident. He is taking steps while he's holding on to things and he decided to go all the way and transition from the couch to the coffee table. I felt so bad because I could see it coming but i just couldn't get there soon enough. The coffee table won. :( It was just a little bloody gum and a little quick "cry it out" and then he was all better and he and coffee table were friends again. So now we've had a swollen lip from the floor, a bump on the head from the table, and busted lip from the coffee table. I'm sure there are many more to come. I am praying we can keep injuries on the minimum because I discovered that I do NOT like seeing my baby with blood, bumps, or bruises. It hurts so bad to see him like that.

"Look Mom! I found a LITTLE dog"
"I got him! Why doesn't Odis let me do this?"
"Can I have him! This is fun!"
Julian and I met up with a good friend from Tech, Jennifer, and her 10 month old, Cameron, at the Children's Museum last thursday. It was so much fun getting to see them and catch up and to let Julian and Cameron hang out. I tried to get Cam to teach Julian to crawl "right" and stop the army crawling but I don't think Julian sees any point in that when he can get anywhere he wants just as fast.


CHEESE!
Julian likes to visit friends with toys!!
Julian's babsitter, Ms. Sylvia, had us over for brunch the other day. Julian took a ride in the police car. They got to see how much fun it's going to be when Julian starts back in Aug. The were amazed how he was everywhere and in to everything. I just laughed and SAT on the couch while they chased him around for a little while.

1 comment:

miles3_17 said...

He's getting so big!! And yes, there will be more bumps and bruises along the way, just a forewarning!! When are you leaving for Lubbock, instead of visiting us?! Have fun. Take care.