Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy 2010!!!

Happy New Year! I can't belive it's 2010. 2010 seems like such a crazy number. Jerry's two nephews have been staying with us through out the Christmas break so for New Years we all stayed up and played Monopoly all night. But guess who was the lucky one who got to wake up at 6 with Julian?? :)
We have had a great Christmas break. I can't believe it's gone by so fast and I'll be starting back to work on Monday. I am not looking forward to that but I think getting back into our routine will be good for Julian. Poor guy got sick the first day of the break so we dealt with that for a couple days, then we took the road trip to Knox City with my mom. We had a great time and we LOVE being with Grandma (I get to sleep past 6) but it's still out of Julians schedule and it definitely showed. During our stay at Knox City Julian woke up one morning and had a bottle and then from that moment on WILL NOT touch milk. We've tried it every possible way trust me. So Julian has been a Yogurt eating maniac. Julian must have still had the sick bug a little because he managed to infect everyone he came into contact with. Jerry, Me, Grandma, my 85 year old Grandma, my 94 year old neighbor, both cousins, and his Aunt Steph. I'm sure everyone was so happy we came to visit :). Christmas eve we woke up to a blizzard and made a stupid decision to make a one hour trip to my grandad's house. The trip took us over 3 hours and we stayed there for a couple hours and hit the road home to Houston. Because of he snow storm we had to take a longer route home and it ended up taking us 9 1/2 hours to get home. We made it home about 10 mins before Christmas. Just in time to get in bed so Santa could make his stop at our house. Poor Jerry drove to 10 hours to Tenn to get his nephews, 10 hours home. A few days later they drove 7 hours to Knox City to spend Christmas with us, 3 hours through snow storm, then 9 1/2 hours home. YIKES. Needless to say, we were very thankful to be home safe and sound and we don't have any road trips planned in the dear future. We have had a great week with Jordan and Jonathan being here. I know Jerry has loved playing video games 24/7. I have loved having them around. I've lived in Houston for 3 years now and I have never been to the Galleria so when Jerry was at work one day I took them. A few seconds after walking in, I soon realized why I haven't been and why I won't be returning. I definitely don't have the money for that place.
Christmas... Blessed!
New Years... Blessed!
Can't wait to see what God has in store for us this year! Here are a few pictures from the Christmas break. Check out this video... too funny. Julian loves spending time with Jordan and Jonathan. You see he get's his rhythm from me of course :)

we have allllll played with the tractor growing up.

I didn't get a good "blizzard" picture. This was after a couple hours of sun.

No comments: