Friday, January 16, 2009

6 weeks

6 weeks ago today...

i met the love of my life
i got to see my best friend become the most amazing father
i was reminded of god's amazing love
i began to see everything differently
doctors cut me open and pulled out the most perfect creation
i saw my prayers of a healthy baby answered
i got to see my mom become a grandma for the 3rd time and make it look like it was her first.
i became even more grateful i had such an amazing mom to learn from
i fell in love for the second time and all over again with my best friend
I WAS BLESSED!!

A little update on our little man: Julian was the pefect baby (and still is) for the first 4 weeks of his life. He only fussed when he had a reason and we could fix it and get back to life. Then the day he turned 4 weeks he decided he wanted to start screaming. That same day we discovered some "red stuff" in his poop. Along with the screaming, came NO SLEEP. A non sleeping baby means a non sleeping mommy and daddy :(. We saw a little "red stuff" on that Sat but didn't see any afterwards. On Mon I calle Julian's doc and Jerry convinced me to just take him in. So of course we discovered there was a reason to the maddness!! It was blood in his poop and of course I felt like the worst mom in the world for trying to "deal with my gassy baby." I just kept thinking that all my friends have these "gas" storries and we were trying anything and everything that someone suggested. Julian has a sesitivity (baby allergy) to the protein in milk. So this means that he had to automaticaly change to this Similac formula called Alimentum. If you're ever on the formula isle at the store check it out. You'll recognize it by the shocking price tag :). You gotta do what you gotta do! So since then we began to improve for sure. But is was Thursday night when he had his first nap/sleep on his own. Before that he only got his sleep (cat naps) on Jerry or I. After that long Thursday night nap, he has been a different baby. He has begun sleeping again and eating regularly agian. We are working really hard to get on a schedule. I guess he is on one but I'm paranoid that I need to be better.
THEN Friday.. my BFF Kelly Miles flew into town with her little boy Kaden. It was so great to see them and have them all to myself. She was huge help. She's already my "on call" person for mommy advice so it was great having her here for 4 days to help out. I loved getting to hang out with Kaden. He is such a great kid. He was wonderful entertainment. I can't wait for when Julian and Kaden can shoot some hoops together. So they left on Monday and we've been back to just the three of us since then. Julian is doing great. He has a little "issue" everyonce in a while but it's a definite 180 from what we will call "hell week." :) haha I took him up to my school today to introduce him to all my coworkers. He was great while he was there. Going and coming were a different story. Let's just say he hasn't decided to LOVE his car seat yet unless he's asleep.
So this weekend we are looking forward to getting to see my friends Craig and Jill and meeting their little baby Sadie. I know she can't wait to meet her auntie Lacy.
Next Thursday I start back to work. :( I'm sure there will be tearful emotional blogging about that but I'm not ready to face that yet.

Hope all is well. PEACE

1 comment:

Ward's said...

Bless his heart...When I stopped nursing SaVonni at six months we put her on Similac and she was allergic to it. We had to get alimentum for her too. It stunk and was soooooo high in price. So I feel ya. I'm glad it's helping Julian feel better though. Good luck!!