Thursday, January 22, 2009

back to work

We survived our first day back to work. It was horribly painful to leave my baby with a babysitter but I am so thankful I get to leave him with a wonderful lady in a safe little house with just two other little 2 year olds. I really don't think I could have handled leaving him at a day care where he was just one of many infants with only a couple adults whom I didn't know. I only called once to check on him. Part of that is due to the fact that my phone broke down after lunch. I left as soon as the clock struck 3:30 and I was pulling up to Ms. Sylvia's at 3:39. He was sound asleep and had been that way for almost 3 hours. This made me extremely happy to know that he was so content and getting some good sleep but also it made me think I hope he still gets some of that good sleep tonight as well.
So overall today was a huge success. I'm so happy with Ms. Sylvia and I know Julian is going to be so happy there. Now if I could just adjust and get back into "teacher" mode!

Julian is 7 weeks tomorrow!! Wow!! Grandma will be here next weekend. She isn't going to believe her eyes when she sees how much he's grown.

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You made it!! I knew you both would do great! I hope you didn't run over anyone getting out the door to see your precious baby at 3:30. Have a great weekend!

miles3_17 said...

I was going to try calling you last night, I'll try tonight. I'm glad to hear things went well. You'll get back in the swing of things really soon. One more day and then you get 2 full days with your baby! Hang in there and congrats on the first hurdle! Call me if you want, I left you a message the other day!

caroldock said...

Way to go! You seem to be handling it really well!! You're my hero! And we need to come visit again......