Saturday, June 6, 2009

mommy initiation



Here is Julian at the Children's Museum today. He is so close to making something happen with this crawling thing. I think he might have officially crawled today but we'll keep waiting till we get it on video to call it "officially."

Yeah so we went to the Children's Museum of Houston today with one of my friends and her cute little 2 year old, Nicholas. J took a nap on the way and was wide awake and looking around and "exploring/learning" for a good 2 hours before we made our "descent" (ha!) We had a great day at the museum. The whole 2nd floor is just for babies and it was so much fun watching him roll and scoot around. I got some cute pictures.

So I think I was officially "initiated" into motherhood today. I have already been through sick screaming baby, projectile vomit, poop all over and up the back, spit up on everything before i go to work but today it is OFFICIAL. I drove home today with what I thought was a sleeping baby. Evidentally he was up to much more than that. I never heard him make a noise or a movement but the boy had some things going on back there. By the time we pull into the garage I have to go to the bathroom so bad I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I pull him out and wake him up with my running. I get him out of his seat and smell a little something but apologize to my baby and tell him as I'm running that he is just going to have to sit on this bouncer for 30 secs while mommy gets to the b room. Well i put him in it and then all of a sudden i see something on his face and then all of a sudden i see really dark green EVERYWHERE. It was covering my arms and shirt already. I STILL NEED TO USE IT. but i wash my hands and arms quickly and grab a towel, i glance over and see his car seat is covered, and realize i have to get my baby out of that bouncer and when i am able to assess the problem. it was worse than i could have ever imagined............ the rest of this story consist of....... screaming, cleaning poop, gagging, cleaning poop, bathtub too cold, baby screaming, spraying off poop, 2nd bath of the day, cleaning more poop, nice clean baby, mommy cleaning more poop off stuff, disassembling all toys and car seats and everthing and washing everything washable, cleaning more poop, lots of gagging, and I AM STILL SMELLING POOP!!!! (of course as soon as he's nice and clean and i have cleaned all the poop, Jerry walks in the door. hahaha)






3 comments:

caroldock said...

dude, i thought you were leaving town?!! and i can't believe you used your free tickets with someone else?! you're lucky that God calls us to forgive!!!

miles3_17 said...

Those are the times, especially assembling and de-assembling the carseat back and forth, just wait, they'll be more!!! Cute picts at the place though, he's getting big!

Nsmith said...

Oh Lacy! I'm still laughing! Welcome to the "motherhood"! That story brought back old memories!
Thanks for sharing it!
Love,
Nelda