Monday, February 1, 2010

I miss my friend.....

On Thursday, January 21st I lost my best buddy, Odis P. I miss him sooo much and it may be crazy to some but for those of us who don't consider their pet, just a pet but a best friend, you understand. Everyone misses him. It's hard to imagine that we just move on with life without him and how could I ever every find another pet as good as him. He was really special. He knew when I was sad and would cuddle and lick my tears (if i'd let him), he wanted to go anywhere i went and he gave me the most pathetic saddest face and would creeeeep back to where he was laying when I wasn't taking him with me. When I was happy, you would have never seen a dog more happy. He really was with me through it all. He couldn't have been better with Julian from day one!! As crazy as he could be sometimes, he never was too rough with Julian. He let Julian try to kiss him and lay on him and crawl over him and bite him and pull his tail. I lost my best buddy (my first born) and i'll never forget him. His collar is hanging on my rear view mirror and even though i cry every time i get him my car now, I want to remember him everyday and I know that's where he loved to be. He would prefer to be riding right in my lap even if i was 9 months pregnant and there was no room for him, that's where he wanted to be. My laptop screen saver is a picture of Odis and Julian and when Julian sees it, he gets so excited and says,"OOOOOOOO." I miss my baby!! I can't even believe he's gone. xoxoxox

I have been a big slacker in the Blog department lately but I'm trying to get back on track. The first of January our church went on a 21 day fast. Lots of people gave up a lot of different things. I really felt convicted about the time of my life that is completely WASTED that i will never get back that i spent reading abouth what so and so's child did all day long and yadda yadda yadda. I love facebook for staying in touch with old friends and sharing pictures, but really!! it's too much and some of those "friends" couldn't care less what i am thinking and what's up with julian. I know that, because over 90% of the updates are things i waste my time reading and after I finished reading it I am embarassed that i'll never get that minute of my life back because i chose to spend it reading what time that person got off work, worked out, took a nap, went to church, the recipe of what they cooked for dinner,lkjd;ajdf;laj;erua;uerf!!!!!!!!!! I barely get a chance to spend quality alone time connecting with my family and friends, whether by phone or by blog or in person. I come to my blog world and love hearing what my best friends are up too and their random thoughts. So my "fast" was NOOOOO facebook or lap top while Julian is awake. and NOOOOO TV before 7 and only after 7 when it is a certain few shows.. my baby may not be paying attention to it and i may be playing but i have no desire for any of the stupid bachelor or any of that seep in my baby's brain. So the actual 21 day fast is over but I'm thinking I never intended it to be just a 21 day thing. I am so blessed to have the things I do. I am incredibly blessed to have a healthy baby boy, a man who loves us and takes great care of us, a family who loves and supports every move I make, and friends that are like family. thank you thank you Jesus!!
Ok so i'm back to the Blog world today and I want to become more consistant with this not because I think everyone is disappointed they don't see an update but because I want my son to be able to look back someday and see what was going on when he was young. After all, I started this blog for him. Before I even knew he was a "he," I wanted to blog so I could share my jouney with him someday and he would never ever question how much he was loved from before he was even created.
Julian will be 14 months old on Feb. 5th. I can't believe that my baby is changing and growing so much everyday. You would think he big changes would slow down eventually, but he amazes us everyday. He copies everything we do. He tries his best to repeat the words we say and he picks up sign language so quickly. He is such a big boy and tries to run everywhere. He is also such a "helper." He wants to help even when I the best help would be him just leaving me alone :). He would shoot baskets all day long if we would continue picking him up to his goal. He still has no interest in milk but luckily he loves his yogurt and yogurt drinks so we are thankful for that. He can say; more, please, and all done, in sign language. He can say ball, momma, dadda, gooooo!!!! He can follow directions like "go get your jacket" and "bring me the basketball" (and btw, he knows the difference in the basketball and football). When Jerry walks in the door, there is nothing better than seeing how excited and happy he gets to see his daddy. Jerry is so good with him. His hair is growing a lot thicker and I think curls get tighter everyday. I am not sure if I'll ever want to cut it. His eyese are still a very unique color. He loves to play with his friends at Ms. Sylvia's everyday while i'm at work. I learned that we need to work on sharing and taking turns on Sunday during our first visit to Chuck E Cheese. YIKES!! That place is crazy!! He can tell you "what the Indian said" and he can tell you where is belly button, hair, mouth, and he's really close to the nose. (belly button is by far his favorite). He loves to read books. Well, half of the book at least! He doesn't give me much time to finish a book and i'm a pretty slow reader in general so doesn't work out well for ever finishing a book.

Julian Travis Curry, you are amazing! You were created to do great things. You were made in the image of God. You were purposfully, uniquely, and wonderfully made. Jesus put you in my heart before I was even born and YOU are proof that God gives you the desires of your heart. because God gave us you! I tell you these things everyday. We say the ABC's of "who you are" often!! I want these sayings and these beliefs to be part of who you are. I want you never ever to forget who you are. I want you to always know that God created YOU to change the world and to do amazing things and to love people and show people the image of God. I thank Jesus for you. I am a better person for being your mom.
I love you,
Mom

8 comments:

caroldock said...

LOVE IT!

Nsmith said...

I'm glad you are blogging again. I don't do Facebook...I read blogs so I wondered where you were! Thanks for updating your blog with words....not post a new photo!

miles3_17 said...

nicely put

Amber Temple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Temple said...

Great post! And Lacy I'm so sorry about Odis, I can't imagine how you feel.

Anonymous said...

After grabbing a few Klennex here I am telling you how proud I am of the person you've become and the mother you are to Julian! I miss you guys and can't wait to hear more on your blog updates!

sowlee said...

Odis??? What? he was so young! I remember going with you to get that mutt. Do you remember? I remember trying to teach him tricks using cheese as a bribe in the health center at Mt. Leb. Poor little guy, R.I.P.
Time slips by us fast doesn't it?
I'm glad you blogged. I was getting sick of being welcomed to scentsy.
holla.

TIM MCAULIFFE said...

How to Change a Man
by Timothy McAuliffe
After God created all the earth all the
elements started to fight and argue.
The sun would say he was strongest the wind
would then argue that he was strongest.
The wind then suggested a challenge.
The wind seeing a man walking said who ever
could get that man to take off his coat
would be the strongest.
The sun said I would take that challenge.
The wind went first and tried to blow the
coat off the man.
The man held his coat tightly and ran to a
building. The wind was blown out.
The sun said now watch me.
The man came outside the sun beamed warmth
on the man. The man then took off his coat
placed it on the ground under a tree and
took a nap.
Now we see it doesn't take a lot of wind to
change a man just some warmth.
Posted by TIM MCAULIFFE