Saturday, November 1, 2008

first NST

So Julian had his first NST Thursday morning. I learned that was a non stress test. He passed with flying colors the nurse said. So I have to go in every Thursday morning and get these heart rate things belted around my belly to track his heart rate. They are checking to see if his heart rate goes up when he moves like it is supposed to. So they figure out his baseline heart rate, which his was 150, and then they are looking for it to go up at least 15+ beats and stay for at least 15+ seconds. They wait til this happens 3 times in a 15 min period. So depending how how cooperative Julian is and how much he is moving around, then I can get out of there very quickly or it can take a little while.
So there ya go! He and I are both doing great.
Take care -- LC

No comments: