Friday, November 28, 2008

Thank You, Thanksgiving!

Thank You, Thanksgiving! - this is the name of a children's book I read to my kids every year at school. It's just a little girl who walks around saying thank you for everything - which is most likely what God would like for us to do but I often forget. It reminds me every year how much I have to be thankful for. With my students we always talk about the four F's we are thankful for: our family, our friends, our food, and our freedom. Everything pretty much falls under the umbrella of one of the four F's.
I'm thankful to be a child of God.
I'm thankful that His mercies are brand new every morning.
I'm thankful for my Julian.. I can't wait to meet him - 5 days!!
I'm thankful for Jerry and him being great.
I'm thankful for my Mom.. she does too much and I'm so grateful
I'm thankful for my job, my supportive co workers, and my students.
I'm thankful for technology keeping in touch with all my friends and family.
I'm thankful for my Odis P.
I'm thankful for my best friend Kelly and her ALWAYS being there for me.
I'm thankful that I only have less than a week to wait to meet my son.
I'm thankful for my mom's chicken n dressing with cranberry sauce.
I'm thankful for deviled eggs.
I'm thankful for lower gas prices even if it's just for a while.
I'm thankful for my house.
I'm thankful that I got to experience the miracle of being pregnant.
I'm thankful for good sleep.
I'm thankful for good garage sales.
I'm thankful for the Christmas season!!

THANK YOU, THANKSGIVING!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Jennifer-Colley said...

I cannot believe that you are going to be a mommy in less than a week! I am so excited for you! you are going to love being a mommy ot Julian and most importantly you are going to love him more than you could ever imagine!

miles3_17 said...

I am thankful that I met you through a window in Levelland, TX over 10 years ago! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, cant wait to see picts of Julian and meet him in a little over a month!